We have put in place the Foreign Workers Management System (FWMS) for you to submit your application for foreign workers from the convenience of your office or home. We urge all the employers to use the online system rather than visiting our offices or sending us your documents. You (as an employer) have to initiate the application processes.
If you have provided all the necessary documents, the Department of Labour (DoL) and the Regional Offices of MoICE try to expedite the processing of your application within 24 hours. This is the Turn-Around-Time (TAT) for the labour part only. The other procedures like immigration vetting, medical screening, work permit printing will take additional time.
Benefits of Online FWMS
Convenience: The FWMS allows you to submit applications from wherever you are, or anytime, providing you with the flexibility to manage the process as per your schedule.
Transparent Process: One of the objectives of the online platform to reduce face-to-face contact for transparency and quick services. So long you have submitted all the necessary documents and you are eligible for foreign workers as per our regulations and guidelines, your application shall be processed as quickly as we can.
How to Use the Online Service:
- Visit our official website https://www.blmis.gov.bt and navigate to the “Foreign Workers Management” section.
- Once you open the “Foreign Workers Management” section, you will find the details of the application process.
- Please note that it is important to register as an employer.
- Fill in the necessary information and attach the required documents.
- Review your application before submitting to ensure accuracy.
- Once submitted, you will receive a confirmation email or SMS with your application reference number for tracking purposes.
You have the option to process the recruitment yourself (as employer) or avail the service of the Foreign Workers Recruitment Agents (FWRAs) at some fees. Click here to view the list of FWRAs
The Online Processes:
The entire application process is show in the diagram below:
The following are the main stages of the application process:
- Application Vetting: When you apply online, the Department of Immigration officials will vet your application to determine eligibility for entry into the country.
- Labour Department’s Process: After immigration’s vetting, the application will be forwarded to the Department of Labour (DoL) dashboard to determine number of foreign workers, their occupation, and sector to be approved. The DoL will check the licenses, construction approval or any other licenses.
- E-Permit Issuance: Once approved, the Department of Labour will issue an e-permit for easy entry at border checkpoints. The employers or agents shall transfer the foreign workers to the Workforce Management Centre (WMC).
- WMC Services: The WMC provides access to services like medical screening for foreign workers, bio-metric data collection, work permit printing, legal briefings, and taxi services for worksite deployment.
- Service Centre: After the DoL has approved the e-permit, your application goes to Diagnostic Service Centres (DSC) for medical tests. DSC will enter the medical test results for the health officials to certify the medical fitness online.
- Work Permit Issuance: Upon medical certification, the Department of Immigration will print and issue the work permit.
Support and Assistance:
Should you have questions about the transfer of foreign workers, please feel free to reach out to the relevant officials via whatsapp/telegram@ 97517900570. Please do not call directly to the above number, as the number is being used only to operate whatsapp and telegram accounts.
For technical/ICT issues, you may call the ICT Officer@17751237.
We believe that this transition to online services will greatly benefit you as employers and help facilitate the import of foreign workers more efficiently. The FWMS is still being improved. Therefore, we would be thankful if you can send us your feedback or idea to improve the FWMS via firstname.lastname@example.org or post it on the online feedback or complaint form @ https://www.blmis.gov.bt/contact
Thank you for your cooperation in embracing this change and contributing to the enhancement of our services